Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. Thank you guys for hosting!
This week’s topic is: Words or topics that automatically make me pick up/buy a book
1. France (obviously)
2. Ghost story (especially if it’s dark and creepy and reminiscent of The Little Stranger)
3. Historian/Antiquarian-I am so drawn to books that have main characters that work in these types of fields
4. World War I or World War II
5. If something is compared to The Time Traveler’s Wife
6. Serial killers (which my mom disapproves of..)
7. If someone calls the book a “mind fuck” almost always buy it
8. Rimbaud-I am fascinated by him so if I see his name anywhere it must be purchased
9. If something is classified as a French classic, I need to read it eventually
10. books (both fiction and nonfiction) that are called hilarious, because who doesn’t love a good laugh?